Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kind people...


I have received in the post today...a present....this gorgeous bag was given to me by Darlene....
how thoughtful and generous, attached was a lovely card with lots of kind words about the "Finish Five in July Challenge".... Darlene you are a treasure, you have touched my heart with your kindness...hugs to you....I love my bag so much....


Remember my copper box....had lots of great ideas for cleaning and thankyou again to everyone for that...the first picture shows we still have lots of green on the box even after cleaning...(apple cider, bi-card - paste made and apply paste with half a lemon, worked well) the green then disappears if you rub it down with petroleum jelly (second photo) ...still a lot of work yet, but it is looking good...thanks so much to my special friend "Carol" who found this tip for me....

10 comments:

  1. Lucky you!! Love the pink and black together!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there you are realy lucky having this nice bag in the post from your friend..
    And your copper box is comming along very nicely..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bag! Your copper is looking terrific! This will be such a great piece when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Darlene a sweetie? very cute bag, and my gosh your copper box is coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you figured out what you will do with the copper box once it's cleaned up? It's a labour of love to fix it up but will be worth it. Your birthday NPNT block looks great. And the varigated thread for your great niece is fabulous! She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The copper box is looking great. What a treasure. I really like the bag. The colors look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The box is looking wonderful. How lucky to get a basket from Darlene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful bag, it is so cute. Your copper box is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bag you have received. I love them and have the tutorial now so I may make one for myself.
    Love how the copper box is coming along. What weird and wonderful ideas are in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene's bag is very pretty - she is a true treasure, too!
    The copper box is beautiful - I'm so glad you've found a way to clean it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg