Just a small table topper using the fabric “Winters Lane”…
here it is….FRIDAY….massive woo hoo…..
have a good one
There is still time…
would you like to join Kris and I for OPAM 2014
if so please see how post HERE to see how it all works….
we would love for you to join us….
and I have been making jam in my Thermie…I was given some figs,
peaches and strawberries, my son came visiting the other day so he took the strawberry jam…
just a coupe of jars of each…worked out OK..
Happy Thursday, take care, keep safe
Not a lot done last night but I did get the binds finished on these
and just a little bit more on BFF
Happy Saturday, take care, keep safe
This is what I iron the clothes with…it’s fantastic….
and this little baby…is what I am going to use for my quilting….I have always used a separate iron for my craft stuff….. I have been a good girl so I treated myself….LOL
can’t wait to use her……
Happy Friday…long weekend for us….it is Australia day on Sunday…woo hoo…
Well its time…do you wanna play…..do you want to become an OPAMer..!!!!!
so here goes…….please have a read!!!!!
The idea of the “One Project A Month” Challenge is pretty simple ... To try to finish at least ONE craft project by the end of each month. This can be something you’ve had partly done for a while (a Work In Slow Progress WISP), a pattern you bought ages ago that you finally get around to making up, or a completely new project. This is meant to be a low-stress challenge - if you don’t finish a project every month - that’s fine! We understand sometimes life interferes with our plans. We also realise some projects are meant to be long-term and have a LOT of work involved, like a quilt or a cross-stitch. The main aim of the OPAM Challenge is to give us all a bit of a motivational boost and to give us all a big cheer squad to encourage and inspire us.
However, there is quite a bit of time and work involved in running OPAM, Kris and I have some guidelines we ask people to take note of AND please only sign up if you intend to follow through. If for some reason during the year you decide you don’t wish to remain part of the OPAM Challenge, just drop either Kris or me an email to let us know. Please read through all guidelines before you sign up.
1. Participants must have an ACTIVE BLOG. If you change your blog address, drop us an email telling us your old address and what you’ve changed it to. If your blog is already, or you change it, to invitation only, please send Sweet Peg and I invitations, or we can’t check your finishes list each month.
2. Numbers won’t be limited for the sign up for OPAM 2014, BUT ... it WILL close on February 1 ... You must sign up before that or miss out on joining in the fun.
3. Participants can sign up via email to Kris or Peg, or via a comment on EITHER blog AS LONG AS it includes all asked for information.
4. Participants MUST provide all info asked for. * Name (first and initial of surname in case of double up names); * Email; * Blog address.
5. Participants MUST have the OPAM Challenge badge on their blog sidebar and link it to either Kris’s or Peg’s blog.
6. Participants MUST keep a list of each month’s finishes on their blog sidebar and update it BEFORE the last day of each month. (This is easiest if you add each project as you finish it.) If you can put this directly under the OPAM badge on your sidebar it will be easier for Peg and Kris to find it. You may also choose to have a separate OPAM 2014 page on your blog. That’s fine too as long as it’s clearly labelled.
7. Only ‘soft’ crafts are included in the OPAM Challenge, ie. Projects made from fabric, thread or wool. Some examples are: embroidery, patchwork, quilting, cross-stitch, knitting, crochet, practical sewing (curtains, clothes etc.), long stitch, appliqué.
8. QUILTS: A quilt will only be counted as a finish if it is COMPLETELY finished ... Quilted and bound. Flimsies/tops won’t count as finishes.
9. BOM’s: Blocks that are part of a BOM (Block Of the Month) program will only be counted as a finish when they are joined, quilted and bound. Individual BOM blocks DO NOT count as a finish.
10. If you can email Peg or Kris your list of finishes each month BEFORE the end of the month, this would be appreciated, as it cuts down the amount of time it takes to check finishes for the month. (and save Peg and Kris from getting square eyes!)
11. Lastly, participants MUST ... Have fun! After all, the reason we craft and create is to relax, have fun and take some time away from the “Have to” tasks to do the “Like to do” ones! :0)
What do you think, would you like to join us….
take care, keep safe
Look what I did yesterday….my first “Tone On Tone” block….and it did take me forever, selecting fabrics, sewing it wrong..unpicking……
I am off to try and do another one…wish me luck…
Tomorrow will be sign up day for OPAM 2014 – 2o January
Hope you are going to join us…
Happy Sunday, take care, keep safe
My eldest son Luke…..today my big boy turns 31….I am sure it was only yesterday he was a little boy….
Happy Birthday my darling, luv you and miss you…have a wonderful day, be good!!!!
it’s up and running, my new air con, installed yesterday in the sewing room…woo hoo
Happy 18th January 2014
take care, keep safe