Thursday, October 28, 2010

Re-Purposed Thursday…Hosted by Fee

IMG_4890

IMG_4894

IMG_4892

IMG_4893

Well this is my ‘Re-purposed Thursday item……We have this lovely local man who does up old sewing machines…a few weeks back he came into the Dealership and said he had two machines that he was doing up (and yes I bought them both)…this is the first one….I am sure this little beauty created so many beautiful items in it’s day…but now, it will  sit in our home just to look pretty…..so I guess this is re-purposed……

Please pop over and see what Fee has on show……

take care …Peg…:>)…

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles.  It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.

12 comments:

  1. Love those beautiful old sewing machine. They sure cab tell lots of stories ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the machine, and the cabinet is absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh love it Peg ..... I can't resist old sewing machines either!!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you, Peg. It is lovely and I'm sure it would have many tales to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Peg it is so lovely - You lucky thing !!! I can see why you didn't pass it up. Thanks for playing. Hugs - Fee X

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's lovely Peg, beautiful cabinet...I have two old sewing machines.
    If only they could talk..!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. *gasp* Peg it's just gorgeous - what a beautiful machine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi.
    I love the old sewing machine. It is beautifull :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you to have a Babarfeld Bluebird. They are such a decorative machine and the cabinet is lovely. I covet one of those in the leadlight cabinet. I had the opportunity to buy one once and didn't. I've kicked myself ever since. The closest I have come is a little Babarfeld advertising thimble I bought on Ebay. Mick's Gran had one very similar to yours, which his Aunt now has.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You just have to be in the right place at the right time. Lucky you. Very nice find

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful piece of furniture and beautiful machine Peg.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg