Sunday, October 24, 2010

Club Quilt……

IMG_4883

IMG_4881 

Lovely flowers for me……my very dear friend Sheila a Club Quilt member (who is visiting form England) came to Club Quilt today and look what she had for me, these gorgeous flowers….they are just so beautiful….Sheila is one amazing friend, we have missed her so much…..

IMG_4888

Today's slice……Fruit Walnut Slice with Caramel Icing….it was very nice, the icing took me nearly half an hour to make!!!!!…..I will do a post on the recipe….

IMG_4889

And this is what I was working on today…..my second stitchery for “Stitching Round The Block”…I finished one last night and hope to get his one completed tonight….

Hope you all had a little “me” time today….

take care Peg….:>)….

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.

8 comments:

  1. Your stitchery is looking good Peg! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that slice does look very Yummy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. receiving flowers you didn't expect is such a wonderful thing, isn't it? When I was in hospital, my brother ad his girlfriend sent me a bunch of gerberas (You know, they live in the ACT so it was phone ordered) that I really didn't expect and it really was a wonderful surprise to wake up after surgery with them in my room.
    Your slice looks so nice, very sweet!
    Love the new stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful Peg and such a lovely surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ALL your latest projects Peg. You have been SO busy of late. I too will find this organisation like you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just noticed on your stitching round the block there are only 3 of you. Is there any chance I could join your group? I am in TX, USA but don't mind sending overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitchery is looking good. I like your colours. Are you making them both the same? The slice looks delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your stitching and I just spied that uranium glass in the background. Now I am truly in love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg