Sunday, August 15, 2010

Another good day…..

IMG_4447

IMG_4445

 IMG_4443 

Club Quilt today and it was so nice to catch up with the girls and see all the lovely projects they have been working on.……I spent the day getting lots of blocks ready to stitch…..I have 5 blocks to stitch for Gardeners Journal so they are all traced and ready to go….. Tail Feathers this is one of the smaller blocks that I have completed….and I have prepped another 8 smaller blocks ready to stitch…

Today I took along another version of a “Caramel Date Walnut Slice”….is was to have macadamia nuts not dates  and walnuts but I had these in the cupboard so I substituted..

1 Vanilla cake mix, 1 cup of coconut, 125gms melted butter, mix together and press into a slice tin, cook for 15 minutes……in a saucepan mix 1 can condensed milk, 1 tablespoon golden syrup, 1 tablespoon butter, stir over heat until just thickened…..make up 1 cup of chopped walnuts and chopped dates, about half of each or what ever you have….when base has cooked, remove from oven, sprinkle evenly with the walnuts and dates pour over the caramel  mixture, return to oven for 20 mins, I think mine was a little over done so I would check after 15 mins…..

The original recipe asked for 1 cup of chopped macadamia nuts and this was to be stirred thru the caramel before pouring over the base…

hope you have all had a great day…

take care Peg..:>)

Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.

7 comments:

  1. What a productive day you've had - the Tail Feathers stitchery is really nice. Bet that yummy looking slice didn't last long :) Hugs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo yum
    love your stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had lots of fun.Love the slice,may have to give it a go next weekend:) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The slice looks very yummy! I love the tail feathers stitchery - so dainty and you are so neat! Hugz
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think you got spammed Peg!

    Putting that aside, looks like you had a great day! Preparation is sooo important. Hope it helps you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were very organised today. Thanks for sharing the recipe of your slice. It was lovely and I think I could even manage to whip one of these up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH a gardener's journal now that sounds good and the stitchery is inspiring. Love the pic of the slice and thanks for the receipe I will give it ago......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg