Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lots Happening.....



Lots happening....Club Quilt today so I was working on one of my "Challenges" shaggy quilt ...have just added the borders a big thankyou to "Passionate Quilter" (Karen) on her tips for the final border..one question Karen what did you do on the corners....mitre....???? So all I have to do now is cut wash and dry....that maybe tonight.....one may bite the dust..

Now all you lovely ladies out there who have taken up the challenge....I think there are 60...welcome....lets have fun.....and lets see what we can complete.....I have emails already of what some have achieved in such a short time......."just a little every night or day and it is amazing what can be achieved............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyber stitching day....we really had a fantastic day...there were 12 of us unfortunately two were unable to make it....we had lots of food (so much, still lots of leftovers in my fridge) I think I may have over catered (never mind)...lots of laughs....but more important we had a "gathering" of special friends and there is no way to describe that type of day.....I have said it before and I will say it again I am "blessed"....Now to all those bloggers who made comments....goodness what can I say.......you all put the icing on our cake....all your warm wishes truly was just so nice.

A new blogger everyone....Vicki B she has just signed up for the challenge please pop over and say Hi....she is a mother of 8.....wow ....(Vicki please could you send me your email address thanks.)

Take care ... Peg ... :>)

15 comments:

  1. Peg that quilt look stunning. Where do i find the pattern for that type of quit. I would love to try making one of them

    Kez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT...;D Have to make myself another quilt like this... I made one in blues and greens... and this quilt is the most loved and used quilt !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Peg, this shaggy quilt looks gorgeous. Love the border. Hope you had more relaxing day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well hopefully you have one down now......looks lovely........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hardly believe there are 60 mad people like me out there, who seriously think they can finish 5 quilts before August dawns! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Peg! Just linked to your blog from Rhonda's blog after reading about the 5 by the end of July challenge. It's just the push I need to get me quilting my tops. I unofficially was challenging myself to this but now I want to officially join your challenge and maybe I really will give it a go instead of just dreaming it...I'm such a procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peg, Couldn't figure out how to email you directly...I was cruising blogs this afternoon and saw that someone had mistakenly made your finishing challenge mine...I left a comment to correct her...I'm so sorry. I have tried to reference you every time I refer to the challenge (which I love by the way). I hope this wasn't a problem for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peg I have not signed for your summer challenge simply because I do not have 4 quilttopp ready for quilting. So i might have to wait for your next challenge to come around.
    Cyber stitching is that something you sign up for in bloggland??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilt it is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shabby quilt loos great Peg!!! I love the boarder, what a great idea... I've been thinking about making one of those shabby quilts out of DH old jeans, what do you think???

    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this challenge, but can't produce that much...too many work day get in my way!! Love your beautiful rag quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure seem to have had a great day at the cyber stitching day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Peg, your quilt is so beautiful, I've only seen this technique with flannels but it looks realy good on cotton as well. I wish I could join your challenge, but with the baby on it's way this mounth I don't see it possible :) - Good luck to all of you who have joined... and have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg