Sunday, May 25, 2008

Madeira......

Lovely day at Club Quilt today....we had two new ladies join our group,Vanessa (Flutterby Angel) and Jo, and I think they both had a great day...
I quilted three quilts (only small ones), will show some photos a bit later on this week....
Still from last weekend, once again with charm packs but this time there was a little bit of a twist to the charm squares.........this was made by joining 16 charm squares (4x4) once joined you cut from the left and the right sides a 3 inch strip...and then you do the same from the top and the bottom....you do this to all your 16 patch blocks, I made 4...then you take your 3 inch strips cut from each of the blocks, mix then up and rejoin them onto one of the other blocks....I just added a bit of tramming between the 4 blocks, put a little peeper on and then a large border....The fabric used was... yes... you guessed it ....Moda...Madeira...
take care... Peg ... :>) ...

7 comments:

  1. Grat idea Peg, looks great.
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do You Ever Sleep Peg??? I would be rapt to accomplish just a Smidgen of your achievements!!! I'm in Total Awe... Luvin the Kashmir II...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one?? Wow! I love how you take the charm packs and make so many tops and each one seems so different! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these quilts are stunning...really showcase the fabrics. Two more fabric sets to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts are awesome and you make them so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts are beautiful, I like the fabrics!
    Kind regards,

    Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
    from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg