Monday, November 24, 2008

Plastic??????




Once again I would like to thank everyone for their lovely comments the past couple of days on our Cyber Stitching day, I do hope you enjoyed the photos...when I did post some photos of what the girls stitched I was asked about the plastic that was being used....well this stuff was supplied in our cyber stitching kits by Karen at Mrs Martins Quilt Shop...and it looks just like plastic...what you do is trace your design onto the plastic with a waterproof pen, no need for a light box, it is easy to trace onto....tack this to your piece of fabric, I still use a stabilizer on the back....then you start stitching, I tend to stitch quite tight that is why you see some pulling in the plastic, it is nice to stitch thru, the needle goes thru very nicely...once you have completed the stitchery just soak in a little warm soapy water and the plastic dissolve, dry and press and there you go....this would be fantastic for dark fabrics.....enjoy your day...
Oh I forgot how good was "Australian Idol" last night and what about Wes, just so talented, I voted for him several times, yes I am 50 and I vote in Australian Idol (do I have a problem!!!) who cares....

15 comments:

  1. Very cool way to do your stitchery! I may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was interesting. Never seen this way to do stitchery before. But sewing through plastic???

    ReplyDelete
  3. No,My Darling! You certainly don't have a problem, I'm 65 and totally agree with you about Wes - I think he will prove to be one of Australia's greatest entertainers -we should be doing a Happy Dance together!
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that it would make stitchery easier on dark fabric. Will have to try it. I have not seen it here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peg does this plastic have a name? Am wondering if we can purchase it here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Peg. The projects all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good idea. thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learn something new everyday , that material is very clever .
    Clare's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing details of the plastic. I have seen that at craft stores but didn't realise the application - looks like it would be a handy product to have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for showing some pictures of the projects you made. Love the stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet stitchery. The plastic is an interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool plastic stuff. Where do you get it? I really enjoyed all your pictures of your cyber party. Looks like you had a marvelous time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would be a great solution for dark fabrics. I'm going to snoop it out around here. I think there's a stabilizer that dissolves like this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The "plastic" is a water disolvable stabelizer that is often used in machine embroidery. You can e.g. embroider beautiful lace patterns with it. After rinsing in water you have a piece of real lace. The patterns have to be special lace patterns of course for the stitches have to lock into each other. I lately tried to do some machine quilting with it and that worked nicely too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg