Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cyber Stitching.....



Cyber Stitching.....
OK who out there has signed up for Mrs. Martins Quilt Shop Cyber Stitching day.... to be held on 22 November 2008.....we did the one held earlier this year and what a fun day we had....so we decided to do it all again....as before our day will be held at our home, 13 of us....I am having a bit of a thing happening for the day, I have requested the ladies to rock up in an outfit suitable for a Beach Party/Hawaiian theme, you know dress up the thongs, wear flowers in the hair, have the sarong thing happening (even if it is a piece of your quilting fabric wrapped around the hips)......there will be lots of giveaways....and the ladies will have to work for this, its not just a simple lucky door type thing (and let me tell you, even if I say so myself they are lots of lovely treats for the giveaways!!!!).......of course lots of food, the odd refreshment or two...or three...or four.....lots and lots of photos to be posted on my blog and Club Quilts...maybe we may even have a few of the ladies go for a bit of a dip in the pool.... oh...oh...oh......and I forgot of course some stitching from our, no doubt, amazing packages we will receive from Karen.....Mrs Martins Quilt Shop...I am really looking forward to this, it should be so much fun....so who else is doing this?????

12 comments:

  1. I am sorry I won't be able to join the lovely ladies for the cyberstitching day.....I will be moving house again!:(
    There's always next time!
    Hope you are having a good week, Peg.
    It was good to hear that you were kind to yourself and had a "me" wekend....good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I have signed up this time too..and definetly not a good timing again...we are celebrating my DH 50 th birthday that day...and yes..I´m going to be pretty tired... :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyber stitching day sounds like lots of fun - hands not up to lots of stitching yet, so haven't signed up - perhaps next year - ahh the music playing on your blog as I type, is my favourite at the moment - ABBA - Mamma Mia is such a brilliant movie :) Hugs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it sounds like you are making the most of it!! Wish I could be at your place for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not joining in on cyber stitching this time round but it sounds like you are going to have an amazing day...I hope there will be lots of photo's Peg...and lots of stitching as well. Jo xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like so much fun. But if the younger crowd hears they are to wear thongs you are going to have quite a racey party. To them it a thong is something totally different from what you are thinking. My mom learned this the hard way while we were down visiting and she asked my boys to pick up their thongs. I about died laughing. At both my mom and my kids. I knew what both of them meant and it was too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol about the thongs... yup! My girls just about died when they found out flip flops had a dual name :o) They definitely thought of that flimsy underwear.

    Enjoy your cyber stitching! Can't wait to see all of your goodies and progress. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this sounds like so much fun! Wish I could be there! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would have been fun to join in, but I have too much on my plate this time of the year..
    Can't wait to see the pics..have fun!
    Hugs Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to come to visit you for a Hawaii/beach theme party :^) Anything to get away from the snow!

    Can you email me what this cyberstitching thing is from Mrs Martins Quilt Shop, please Peg? Thanks very much! Do you think it's too late to order a package??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like the day will be lots of fun! Wish I could be at your place for the day. Have fun

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg