Sunday, April 13, 2008

Disappearing Wildrose.....

This was my project today at "Club Quilt"...I am very pleased with the finished product....I have used fabric from three charm packs, I used all the darks but only some of the lights...the block is called disappearing nine patch....join 9 charm squares - 3 x 3 (1 light for the centre the rest dark) then cut down the centre of your nine patch and then cross cut, you end up with 4 blocks....I made 9 large blocks which then made 36 smaller blocks...join your 36 blocks (6x6) ...I chose to join mine in this fashion but there are so many ways of joining I am sure...yes, I did add a peeper of the red fabric shown in my previous post and then I just added a 6.5 inch border.....Moda...Wildrose....I need a name...what about "Disappearing Wildrose" ...... Peg ... :>) ...

14 comments:

  1. You are working so fast! This quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good name, I like it.
    You are amazing, one quilt after the other.
    Kerry
    Oh PS I love the music

    ReplyDelete
  3. must get a move on and finish my wildrose disappearing nine patch........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes isen't this technique fun...
    Your project i lovely and I realy like your colour combination. I might have to buy this charm pack myself, hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great quilt top Peg. The disappearing 9 patch is such an interesting block, so many layout variations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great - that fabric is from my favorite designers *yummy*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently came across your blog and I have to say just how much I love your work. I am a bit embarrassed to admit that I check it out on an almost daily bases to see what new things you have made. I am an avid quilter and sewer of many things and get much inspiration from your projects. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to seeing your next project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Peg, it looks great. Love the cream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how this quilt turned out. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely fabrics - very wintery looking, perfect for the changing season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg