Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Slice and number two….

IMG_5659

IMG_5660

IMG_5661

Another one of my UFO’s under the machine….this is number two quilt of my 16..

IMG_5662

Club Quilt today….and it sure was…a very good day… and we did have a lovely roll up…this is the slice I took along today…Apple Sour Cream Slice…(Pegs version)

1 Sultana cake mix, add to this 140g melted butter….spread into a slice tin that has been lined with baking paper…cook in 180 degree oven for 15 mins….remove and add…that has been mixed together in a bowl…300ml sour cream, one can of pie apples, 2 eggs, a little bit of sugar…spread this over the top of the half cooked base…..sprinkle with cinnamon..back in the over for around 35 mins….may vary a little….(firm to touch)…..keep in the fridge and serve from the fridge…yummo….

happy Sunday

take care Peg….:>)..

If you don't like how things are, change it!  You're not a tree.

17 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt for UFO #2. I love the fabrics you've chosen. How did you do that tiny red inner border? Is it piping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boutique?????? Slice looks yummy and I LOVE the quote for the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love quilt number two.It feels good to have another finish under your belt.
    The slice sounds nice.....except for the sultana,may have to try it but with just a plain cake mix for the base? :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peg that quilt is just gorgeous - love your quilting! Wow number two of sixteen, you're going great guns! The slice sounds very yummy - I love your quote today, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the quote wish I could follow but my head rules me in the wrong direction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Peg...you ARE on a roll!!!!! Loving the look of number 2!!....and that slice is one of my favourites....so I'll just have to try your version!
    love n sugary hugs sweety!
    XX Wendy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! And I love how you've quilted it; straightlines are my favorite thing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my gosh woman, what a machine you are, turning work out quicker then anyone else I know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That slice really does look so yummy and easy too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful fabrics. Quilting is lovely. Good sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another finish, don;t think you will have a problem getting through those UFO quilt tops, the slice looks yummy, lucky I have just eaten

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a non-quilter I am always blown away by the work that goes into these fabulous quilts! ps, the cake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt look good number 2 of 16 you are getting then down LoL. I have not done any sewing I have been very busy cleaning out my sewing room I had no cupboard.So I brought some now all my thing are nice and tidy lot more room for fabric now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is adorable and that treat...oh my.....looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good start Peg. Lovely Carisma fabric.
    Yes I would like a piece of the mouth watering apple slice. Looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really beautiful. Love the colors -- must totally brighten up the room. And it looks easy enough to be doable for this novice quilter.

    -- Colleen @ Made by Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg