Friday, December 14, 2012

It cracked me up…

IMG_2358

Another Christmas Treasure…..back when my eldest son was 3 and at Pre-school…I was on my very first Committee…(and I was on a lot) the ladies on this committee were amazing, our President gave to her workers at the end of the year, a gift, and this is what she made….and advent wall hanging…I sometimes forget to the move the little Teddies Bear, no little people to fight over whose turn it is today….lots of memories in this one….

IMG_2359

IMG_2353

the Folk Art Era…..

IMG_2362

My first ever Christmas Wall hanging….

Last night we had our Club Quilt Christmas Party…and it was such a  good night…We go the the local Bowlie Club (this is where Club Quilt meet) the restaurant is run by this lovely Chinese family…we have always had a traditional baked dinner….this year our dinner included a ‘sweet potato scallop’…it just cracked me up…..LOL…but it was so nice….

IMG_2473

IMG_2475

Hope you all have the best day…only 10 sleeps…

Take Care, Keep Safe

Peg

12 comments:

  1. It's the stories and memories attached to those older decorations that make them so special. I wouldn't give mine up for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wall hanging with lovely memories. I made a wall ahnging by recycling one of Sophie's Fairy t-shirts which she had grown out of. Love it and it is still on her bedroom wall.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely Christmas memories in your decorating.
    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These things have to make you smile. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great memories there Peg and your food made me hungry.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. The oldies but goodies are the best. I have some ornaments made by my kids when they were tots and I still put them up every year. Ahhh, memories. So nice!
    Your party plate looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Advent Calendar treasured over all those years. Your Xmas dinner is making me hungry, better go and get my dinner on. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't help but love the ones that evoke such special memories. Yummy dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Peg
    Can you tell me whether those tea towels you used in your last post are from Ikea?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are truly enormous ideas in on the topic of
    blogging. You have touched some pleasant points here.
    Any way keep up wrinting.
    Here is my website ... mac baren pipe tobacco

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pear pin cushion pattern. Someone gave me a pear and I love it.
    Your decos are wonderful Peg... thanks for letting me come over to see them this week,
    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same advent calender and had a little giggle when I remember the taking turns at moving the bear!
    It holds such lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg