Friday, January 22, 2010

My green pen…

 IMG_2598 IMG_2599 IMG_2600

IMG_2601

This is my “green pen”….this is what I use to do most of my stitcheries….and it is only the green one that works….it is a felt tip  and either the 0.4 or 0.2 are very good.

I trace the pattern onto the fabric by using a light box (home made by my son) I am not precise because it washes out. I then iron weavline on the back which is the best stuff ever. I do my stitchery, then I give it a rinse. In a bucket I half fill it with water (not cold but just a tad warm) I add either a bit of laundry soaker or wool wash, not too much just enough to make some bubbles and then I put my stitchery in there, give it a good swoosh around and let it sit there….it might stay in there 10 mins or even as long as overnight…….leaving it longer really doesn’t harm it at all (the one I finished yesterday stayed in over night)…..during that time I may go and do a few more swoosh's….. I check the stitchery if all traces of the pen are gone, empty the water, it will be a very blue/green colour….put in some clean water and rinse until all traces of detergent are gone….lie flat to dry and then give it a press………I have had one problem only removing the pen but I just gave it another soak using the laundry soaker and it came out.

Friday again….take care Peg……………:>)

21 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing. I have to try this out. I used a brown one and was not happy with the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peg!
    Love the pen!! Where did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip on the pen, I was just coming by from a ditch in time to check out the some of the people she nominated for the Lemonade award.....and I am glad I did....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those vanishing pens. I use a blue one - do you know of any difference? I haven't had any problems with the ones I use so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Peg! I've not ever tried the green pens, I usually use a brown pigment pen and am pretty happy with it. Although it doesn't wash out, I find it disappears under the stitching no matter what colour thread I'm using, as it's a nice fine line. Can't wait to see your teacup stitched ... is it from Cheryl's table runner?? Have a fab weekend! Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Peg!
    I'm not sure where to send this but I have an OPAM finish!! (finally!)
    I have posted about it plus it is on my side bar under the OPAM button.
    Let me know if I need to do anything else...or do it differently next time!
    Thanks, Peg!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can I find weaveline AND the pen?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank peg for telling me about the pan I will have a look today . I also use weavline it is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Peg - it is nice to be reassured by you - I will try it sometime!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to have to try this pen. I usually use a blue washaway marker, but it's not as fine as I'd like. This one looks good. Thanks Peg!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great tutorial...thank you so much. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just found your blog and you have answered the question I have had for ages. My GF said someone told her to use those but she didn't know whether they would wash out. I purchased a green one and did some stitching and was hoping that it would wash out - now I know for sure. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The green pen works beautifully. I just love it. Thanks Peg.
    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gold gel pen is another way of tracing designs, covers beautifully and washes out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,
    I have finished january's challenge piece and it is featured on my blog today.
    I have a similar pen in blue, it is so useful.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool! I havent seen that pen before.... I usually use a brown pigma tha does not wash out
    x Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. was watching a DVD on how to use a quilting machine yesterday at me friend's house.. she got one... lucky duck... anyway... the woman on the DVD used water and bicarb to was away the pen..... none of us had heard of that...
    Cath Ü

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the tips on the pen Peg. I have been using those blue ones but sick of them not lasting long and drying up. Will go searching for one of these ones. !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for this Peg...I have used my one that Carol gave me on my Eiffel Tower quilt...haven't done the quilting on it yet though...Will see how it all goes...Dzintra♥x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting blog as for me. I'd like to read something more about this topic. Thnx for giving this information.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is extremely interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

    Avril Swenson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg