Sunday, January 31, 2010

A good day….

IMG_2628

IMG_2645 IMG_2643

Club Quilt today….and what a day….you should see what I purchased ….we had a visit from a friend who had some fabric for sale…and boy did we get some bargains……will take some photos of my loot…..

I made some Rocky Road to take along today……my recipe is …2 large blocks of milk chocolate (Cadbury) melt over boiling water, line a slice tray with baking paper…on the bottom of the tray place some marshmallows (I use the little ones, bag of) chopped walnuts good handful, chopped glace cherries good handful, once the chocolate has melted pour over the dry ingredients, place in the fridge, then melt over boiling water 1 large white chocolate  I add just a little bit of copha helps with the spreading…once this has melted remove tray from fridge, put dollops of white chocolate on top and with a skewer stir the white chocolate thru the dark……back in the fridge to set…..and it is yummy…

My project today was Butterflies and Blossom – Leanne's House…hope to get the stitching finished tonight..

Still a few hours left for some of us with OPAM 2010 finishes…lets see what we can do……….

and thank you for all your lovely get well wishes…the wall is falling down…xx

take care Peg….:>)

19 comments:

  1. Butterflies and Blossoms is very pretty! Will you make all of them off the pattern???? Rocky Road is always good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocky Road sounds delish - can't make it as then I'd be forced to eat the whole thing!!
    Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better, Peg!

    The rocky road looks and sounds wonderful! It made me want to cook up some yummy treats right now for the late night munchies!

    The "butterflies and blossoms" is so delicate and soft looking. Can't wait to see the rest, and also to see pics of your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy ... the stitching and the chockie. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmchocolate.... I make my rocky road with gummy bears or snakes.. I put shredded coconut in too... :O) I LOVE rocky road :O))) (thats all my double chins)...
    glad to hear you are on the mend and your project is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh that looks yummo and your stitchin is so pretty-sure hope you are feeling better..I am happy to report 4 finishes for January yeah,cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Rocky Road looks delicous Peg.... and cute stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am drooling over the rocky road. Butterfly and Blossoms looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy Sundays Peg...I can pop over to your blog to see all your yummy cooking and your sewing from your day out! Please to hear your feeling better Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm that slice sounds yummy. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Love your stitchery. Kylie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Butterflies and Blossoms are very pretty hope you get it finished tonight Peg.
    Your Rocky Road looks Yummo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Butterflies and Blossoms is very feminine and pretty!

    and that candy...yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I just got up and am sitting here drinking my morning tea and wishing I could have some of that rocky road for breakfast. It does have fruit in it after all. It looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe!! Your stitchery is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not fair! I feel like some rocky road now!!! Wonky Log Cabins finished today, so that's it for January - read all about it tomorrow!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such pretty stitching Peg, and now I want chocolate!!!!! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry that I missed that you have been unwell...hope you are feeling better..love your rocky road..try some ginger..and turkish delight...I made some at xmas and it was yum.
    another lovely group day I see.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Rocky Road ..yum!
    Love your stitchery, so pretty..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg