Hi everyone…..we would love for you to join us in
If you would like to become a 2012 OPAMer please just take a moment and have a read of our guidelines below…and then if you wanna play you can email either
and what we need from you is….
* Name (first and initial of surname in case of double up names); * Email; * Blog address.
The One Project A Month (OPAM) Challenge Guidelines 2012
The idea of the “One Project A Month Challenge is pretty simple ... To try to finish at least ONE craft project by the end of each month. This can be something you’ve had partly done for a while (a Work In Slow Progress WISP), a pattern you bought ages ago that you finally get around to making up, or a completely new project. This is meant to be a low-stress challenge - if you don’t finish a project every month - that’s fine! We understand sometimes life interferes with our plans. We also realise some projects are meant to be long-term and have a LOT of work involved, like a quilt or a cross-stitch. The main aim of the OPAM Challenge is to give us all a bit of a motivational boost and to give us all a big cheer squad to encourage and inspire us.
However, there is quite a bit of time and work involved in running OPAM, so Kris and I have some guidelines we ask people to take note of AND please only sign up if you intend to follow through. If for some reason during the year you decide you don’t wish to remain part of the OPAM Challenge, just drop Peg or Kris an email to let us know. Please read through all guidelines before you sign up.
1. Participants must have an ACTIVE BLOG. If you change your blog address, drop us an email telling us your old address and what you’ve changed it to. If your blog is already, or you change it, to invitation only, please send Peg and Kris invitations, or we can’t check your finishes list each month.
2. Numbers for won’t be limited for the sign up for OPAM 2012, BUT ... it WILL close on January 31 ... You must sign up before that or miss out on joining in the fun.
3. Participants can sign up via email to Kris or Peg, or via a comment on EITHER blog AS LONG AS it includes all asked for information.
4. Participants MUST provide all info asked for. * Name (first and initial of surname in case of double up names); * Email; * Blog address.
5. Participants MUST have the OPAM Challenge badge on their blog sidebar and link it to either Kris’s or Peg’s blog. (a link with instructions will come with your welcome email)
6. Participants MUST keep a list of each month’s finishes on their blog sidebar and update it BEFORE the last day of each month. (This is easiest if you add each project as you finish it.) If you can put this directly under the OPAM badge on your sidebar it will be easier for Peg and Kris to find it.
7. Only ‘soft’ crafts are included in the OPAM Challenge, ie. Projects made from fabric or wool. Some examples are: embroidery, patchwork, quilting, cross-stitch, knitting, crochet, practical sewing (curtains, clothes etc), long stitch, appliqué.
8. QUILTS: A quilt will only be counted as a finish if it is COMPLETELY finished ... Quilted and bound. Flimsies/tops won’t count as finishes.
9. BOM’s: Blocks that are part of a BOM (Block Of the Month) program will only be counted as a finish when they are joined, quilted and bound. Individual BOM blocks DO NOT count as a finish.
10. If you can email Peg or Kris your list of finishes each month BEFORE the end of the month, this would be appreciated, as it cuts down the amount of time it takes to check finishes for the month. (and save Peg and Kris from getting square eyes!)
11. Lastly, participants MUST ... Have fun! After all, the reason we craft and create is to relax, have fun and take some time away from the “Have to” tasks to do the “Like to do” ones! :0)
Kris and I do hope you will join us again for OPAM 2012…
so please email * Name (first and initial of surname in case of double up names); * Email; * Blog address.
Pegs email ….. email@example.com
Kris’s email ….. firstname.lastname@example.org
Take Care Peg….
Sewing mends the soul.
LOL, do I want to be an OPAMer? You bettcha, please add my name - Miche'le A from byhokiquilts.blogspot.com to your list Peg.ReplyDelete
Thanks and have a great day
I'm joining in again this year Peg,will send you an email with my details:) Barb.ReplyDelete
Email already sent :-)ReplyDelete
Ooh thanks for hosting again this year. It sure is a lot of fun playing along and seeing all the projects participants complete.ReplyDelete
Yes please Peg...count me in...ReplyDelete
Thanks so much to you and Kris for hosting OPAM...it's been great for me!!!
Have sent you an email with all my info Peg! I am so excited to participate again this year!ReplyDelete
Thanks Peg... great job that you do... I have emailed Kris...ReplyDelete
I am going to give it a go and join in the fun! I am going to drop you an email.ReplyDelete
I was a bit of a failure last year so i'll watch from the sidelines........you girls are going to do a wonderful job once again.........ReplyDelete
I'd certainly love to join in this year. My aim is to get lots of gifts made throughout the year and this should help me keep on track. I'll email you now Peg.ReplyDelete
I have emailed you! Thank you for continuing this inspiring program.ReplyDelete
I'm joining in again this year , count me in!ReplyDelete
Sofia or Borboleta Serrana
A Portuguese women with a passion for stitches ...and I need to practices my poor English!!
Thanks Peg ans Kriss.
Have a nice weekend!
I'm not OPAMering this year. I'm going back to uni so I'm reducing some of the self imposed pressure I put on myself. I'm still doing FIS, just not making huge committments.
Good Luck and Happy Stitching to everyone!
I am in Peg.ReplyDelete
Thanks to Kris and you for running OPAM again this year.
It really gives me an incentive to get something completed each month.
have a great day.
My Email is on the way to you, Peg.ReplyDelete
thanks for this great challenge.
I missed the beginning the last 2 years.
Badge and entry is done on my blog.
Hugs from Germany
I am in again off to email you know that I am back from work.
I'm in, too. Emailed Kris this morning. Thanks to both of you for all the hard work you are doing for us. Much appreciated. Thanks to for the great recipe page you have - I've used them a few times now to rave reviews, but thought I should let you know that they are going to star at the afternoon tea we are having for my son's 18th - a little prelude to the main event for the "youngsters". Will let you know all the wonderful comments... Thanks so much - they are fantastic recipes - so easy and so yummy.ReplyDelete
Count me in!ReplyDelete
Ok, if I must, and I think I must join in...ReplyDelete
Thank you, if you need anything else then just let me know...cya
email sent gorgeous!!! wouldn't miss it for the world!!!!ReplyDelete
Wendy :O) xo
Surely I want to participate again. Have already a number of finishes in January - new year, new hopes :O)ReplyDelete
Count me in again, and thank you both, in advance for doing all this work!! Polly M. email is email@example.com and blog is www.auntpollysporch.blogspot.com I'm putting the badge on right now!! Woo hoo!ReplyDelete
Sorry Peg, I'm running behind. I'll shoot you an update email.ReplyDelete
would love to join in.
have sent you a mail as well.
here are my details
email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blog id: http://artscraftsandmore-withveena.blogspot.com/
Yes, please add me to the OPAM list.ReplyDelete
I am starting late, so fingers crossed.
I am heading off to add your button to my blog and TRY to figure out how to make a list.
This is so generous of both of you. I'll play along again.ReplyDelete
Okey.... I'm in :o)ReplyDelete
I will send an email in a sec
I'm in, will send email and put me down for donating a prize (or two) cheryl from MOReplyDelete
Hi Peg, I'd like to take part too. My name is Trelly, from Spain, my blog is elrincondetrelly.blogspot.com, and my mail is email@example.comReplyDelete
Just wanted you to know that I am not signing up this year but plan to follow you along as much as I can. Having problems with my hands right now. I do read all your posts as they come to my email. I will keep up because you two really motivate me!!! thanks.ReplyDelete
Sounds great. Please count me in. I have emailed you with my info.ReplyDelete
Thanks for coming up with such a great idea!
Cyn; -) F.
Please add my name, too, I always have the goal of a finish a month but never put it out as a commitment. I'll grab your button and pin it on my place ~ReplyDelete
Count me in Peg. I will email you my info today if you do not have it already.ReplyDelete
Ηey thеre! I've been following your website for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Dallas Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the excellent work!ReplyDelete
Also visit my web site - main page