Well its time…do you wanna play…..do you want to become an OPAMer..!!!!!
so here goes…….please have a read!!!!!
The idea of the “One Project A Month” Challenge is pretty simple ... To try to finish at least ONE craft project by the end of each month. This can be something you’ve had partly done for a while (a Work In Slow Progress WISP), a pattern you bought ages ago that you finally get around to making up, or a completely new project. This is meant to be a low-stress challenge - if you don’t finish a project every month - that’s fine! We understand sometimes life interferes with our plans. We also realise some projects are meant to be long-term and have a LOT of work involved, like a quilt or a cross-stitch. The main aim of the OPAM Challenge is to give us all a bit of a motivational boost and to give us all a big cheer squad to encourage and inspire us.
However, there is quite a bit of time and work involved in running OPAM, Kris and I have some guidelines we ask people to take note of AND please only sign up if you intend to follow through. If for some reason during the year you decide you don’t wish to remain part of the OPAM Challenge, just drop either Kris or me an email to let us know. Please read through all guidelines before you sign up.
1. Participants must have an ACTIVE BLOG. If you change your blog address, drop us an email telling us your old address and what you’ve changed it to. If your blog is already, or you change it, to invitation only, please send Sweet Peg and I invitations, or we can’t check your finishes list each month.
2. Numbers won’t be limited for the sign up for OPAM 2014, BUT ... it WILL close on February 1 ... You must sign up before that or miss out on joining in the fun.
3. Participants can sign up via email to Kris or Peg, or via a comment on EITHER blog AS LONG AS it includes all asked for information.
4. Participants MUST provide all info asked for. * Name (first and initial of surname in case of double up names); * Email; * Blog address.
5. Participants MUST have the OPAM Challenge badge on their blog sidebar and link it to either Kris’s or Peg’s blog.
6. Participants MUST keep a list of each month’s finishes on their blog sidebar and update it BEFORE the last day of each month. (This is easiest if you add each project as you finish it.) If you can put this directly under the OPAM badge on your sidebar it will be easier for Peg and Kris to find it. You may also choose to have a separate OPAM 2014 page on your blog. That’s fine too as long as it’s clearly labelled.
7. Only ‘soft’ crafts are included in the OPAM Challenge, ie. Projects made from fabric, thread or wool. Some examples are: embroidery, patchwork, quilting, cross-stitch, knitting, crochet, practical sewing (curtains, clothes etc.), long stitch, appliqué.
8. QUILTS: A quilt will only be counted as a finish if it is COMPLETELY finished ... Quilted and bound. Flimsies/tops won’t count as finishes.
9. BOM’s: Blocks that are part of a BOM (Block Of the Month) program will only be counted as a finish when they are joined, quilted and bound. Individual BOM blocks DO NOT count as a finish.
10. If you can email Peg or Kris your list of finishes each month BEFORE the end of the month, this would be appreciated, as it cuts down the amount of time it takes to check finishes for the month. (and save Peg and Kris from getting square eyes!)
11. Lastly, participants MUST ... Have fun! After all, the reason we craft and create is to relax, have fun and take some time away from the “Have to” tasks to do the “Like to do” ones! :0)
What do you think, would you like to join us….
take care, keep safe
Thank you! Im in! :) I love OPAM - keeps me motivated! Thanks to you and Kris for all your hard work! - PS - Do you need my details again?ReplyDelete
Yes gals please count me in!ReplyDelete
Queen of the Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries
I love participating in this! Thank you so much Sweet Peg and Kris!
Count me in again too, Peg. OPAM really keeps me inspired.ReplyDelete
thanks Peg... to you and Kris... I have sent details to Kris today...ReplyDelete
I am in again - I actually managed to surprise myself in 2013 with the number of finishes I had!! And I love hopping around from blog to blog seeing all the creativeness in blog land finishes!ReplyDelete
Kerrie B; email: email@example.com; http://channelbankcreations.blogspot.com.au.
YES!!!! Email is being sent!ReplyDelete
Yoû just know I'm in peg girl! Woohoo ! Wendy b. Http://sugarlanequilts.blogspot.com. firstname.lastname@example.orgReplyDelete
Looking forward to challenging myself more! Sugaryhugsxxx :-)
Woohoo - yes please, I'd love to join in again :-)ReplyDelete
Thank you Lovely Ladies!!!
Count me I. I will email Kris now.ReplyDelete
Yes please, emailing you now, Peg. Thanks so much to you and Kris for doing this for us yet again. Have a great week.ReplyDelete
Please count me in again as it does give me something to focus on.
Do you need my details again? Do not want to clog up your email unnecessarily.
Count me in Peg. Thanks for hosting this great motivation. Sim970@bigpond.comReplyDelete
Im in again, Peg, its the only thing that keeps me going :) xxxxxReplyDelete
Oh yes I am in again too thanks Peg....ReplyDelete
Do you need my details . LOL...
Hooray, I love OPAMReplyDelete
Yes please, Peg. It keeps me motivated more than I would ever have thought. Thanks to you and Kris for your organisation. Like the others have asked - do you need me to send my details again - no changes from last year.ReplyDelete
Definitely in again this year. Very motivating. Thanks so much for all the work you put into organising this.ReplyDelete
I took part in 2012, then took a break in 2013, and really missed it, so YES, please count me in!ReplyDelete
Sharm B. (full name, Sharmayne) http://www.countryfragrance.blogspot.com
thanks girls for all your time undertaking this project!
I'm in - I'll send an emailReplyDelete
I would love to join this year, as for me 2014 is about finishing existing projects before starting new ones!ReplyDelete
Name - Ailsa U
e-mail - email@example.com
Hi Peg, I would like to join in again too, not sure if you need my details again. Thank you for all you do. xx debbieReplyDelete
I'm in again in 2014 !
I think you have already all my details….Can you send me an e-mail if you need something more ?
Just returned home Peg... will email you. Thanks! :)ReplyDelete
Count me in , I have sent an email with my info. SheilaReplyDelete
So much got accomplished last year .... I'm in again! Do you need details again? You ladies rock!!ReplyDelete
I must join again and get my mojo back.. xxReplyDelete
Can I please sign up again Peg :) And do you need my details again?ReplyDelete
Hi Peg, I am in again and have emailed you my details again. i think I sent them to Kris last year.ReplyDelete
I'd love to join in!ReplyDelete
Hi Peg and Kris, I think I am just in time, I would love to join in too please - thank you!ReplyDelete
I love this idea and fits in with my 2014 plans to reduce my stash.ReplyDelete
I have emailed you with my details
Thank you for you both for organising it.
If I'm not too late, may I join?ReplyDelete
I'm Suzie, from sillygoosequilts.blogspot.com