Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Loved the challenge..

IMG_5295

IMG_5298

IMG_5299

IMG_5296

IMG_5297

Our weekend…

We were up early Saturday morning and off we went (Dale.Kerry, Kathy and me)…we  were off to Peak Hill…The Anglican Ladies were having a quilt display and workshop…

Our lovely friend Kerry Swain was doing the workshops…and one of the projects was to make this rope bag….so the challenge was set….a few minor problems with our sewing feet, but Kerry came to the rescue with another foot which we all shared…(and I am picking one up on Wednesday, Dale bought the one we used from Kerry)….LOL…

This is my finished bag…it was amazing how the bags were all different shapes….I will show a few more photos tomorrow…

Had the best day….thanks heaps Kerry and to Tanya, we had a ball….and to all those ladies in the kitchen….you did spoil us…..

really enjoyed the process of making this bag…..

Happy Tuesday, take care, keep safe

Peg

 

21 comments:

  1. I love these bags, I would love to have a go at making one..... So cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the effect of these bags. You should be very pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bag. Yours looks fabulous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever girl I love these bags. What foot do you need for it? Love to have a go at making one. Looks great Peg

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day you had and I love that bag!! (along with everyone else!!hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very gorgeous Peg - is there no end to your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more you 'hold' it up as you are sewing, that tends to not let it get so big at the top of your bag. I will try and get pics of what I am saying on my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. See... you too can be a bag lady!
    Very clever Peg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooooh, this is a very different project Peg. Lovely shape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow love this Peg what a fun day you guys had,you are very clever as it looks hard to make.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. your bag is so pretty and neat.... I love it... glad you enjoyed making it....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great project, and you did so well to get it finished so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bag is amazing, Peg!! Well done!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! I have a book somewhere on how to make rope mats and such. I'd love to make a bag like this! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this Peg - what a fantastic bag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have seen these bags before but never made one.
    Yours looks amazing. I love the shape it takes on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it - gotta have! Will try to source a pattern, Clever Chick! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is a great bag Peg...would be great to hold some fabulous yarn in...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous bag, looks just the right size for bringing the supplies along.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful bag-basket, such lovely colours!

    Hugs,
    Tatty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg