If you would like to become an OPAMer….. please have a read….
The idea of the “ONE PROJECT A MONTH” is pretty simple ... To try to finish at least ONE craft project by the end of each month. This can be something you’ve had partly done for a while (a Work In Slow Progress WISP), a pattern you bought ages ago that you finally get around to making up, or a completely new project. This is meant to be a low-stress challenge - if you don’t finish a project every month - that’s fine! We understand sometimes life interferes with our plans. We also realise some projects are meant to be long-term and have a LOT of work involved, like a quilt or a cross-stitch. The main aim of the OPAM Challenge is to give us all a bit of a motivational boost and to give us all a big cheer squad to encourage and inspire us.
However, there is quite a bit of time and work involved in running OPAM, so Kris and I have some guidelines we ask people to take note of AND please only sign up if you intend to follow through. If for some reason during the year you decide you don’t wish to remain part of the OPAM Challenge, just drop Kris or me an email to let us know. Please read through all guidelines before you sign up.
1. Participants must have an ACTIVE BLOG. If you change your blog address, drop us an email telling us your old address and what you’ve changed it to. If your blog is already, or you change it, to invitation only, please send Kris and I invitations, or we can’t check your finishes list each month.
2. Numbers won’t be limited for the sign up for OPAM 2013, BUT ... it WILL close on February 1 ... You must sign up before that or miss out on joining in the fun.
3. Participants can sign up via email to Kris or Peg, or via a comment on EITHER blog AS LONG AS it includes all asked for information.
4. Participants MUST provide all info asked for. * Name (first and initial of surname in case of double up names); * Email; * Blog address.
5. Participants MUST have the OPAM Challenge badge on their blog sidebar and link it to either Kris’s or Peg’s blog.
(a link with instructions will come with your welcome email)
6. Participants MUST keep a list of each month’s finishes on their blog sidebar and update it BEFORE the last day of each month. (This is easiest if you add each project as you finish it.) If you can put this directly under the OPAM badge on your sidebar it will be easier for Peg and Kris to find it. You may also choose to have a separate OPAM 2013 page on your blog. That’s fine too as long as it’s clearly labelled.
7. Only ‘soft’ crafts are included in the OPAM Challenge, ie. Projects made from fabric, thread or wool. Some examples are: embroidery, patchwork, quilting, cross-stitch, knitting, crochet, practical sewing (curtains, clothes etc), long stitch, appliqué.
8. QUILTS: A quilt will only be counted as a finish if it is COMPLETELY finished ... Quilted and bound. Flimsies/tops won’t count as finishes.
9. BOM’s: Blocks that are part of a BOM (Block Of the Month) program will only be counted as a finish when they are joined, quilted and bound. Individual BOM blocks DO NOT count as a finish.
10. If you can email Peg or Kris your list of finishes each month BEFORE the end of the month, this would be appreciated, as it cuts down the amount of time it takes to check finishes for the month. (and save Peg and Kris from getting square eyes!)
11. Lastly, participants MUST ...
After all, the reason we craft and create is to relax, have fun and take some time away from the “Have to” tasks to do the “Like to do” ones! …….
So how does that sound!!!!!!
Hope you will join Kris and I in OPAM 2013…
Bring on OPAM 2013
Just sent you out an email with all info! Let the fun begin!ReplyDelete
I'm in! Not sure if you've still got all of my info from last year - let me know if you need me to resend. Have a great day!ReplyDelete
Here I'm again ;-)ReplyDelete
A portuguese girl!
I would love to participate!!!!ReplyDelete
Kathy S. Earley
kearley75860 at yahoo dot com
I'm hoping to be able to get lots of things done this year! (Especially after finally getting better from a bout with pneumonia)!!ReplyDelete
crazyquiltpatcher AT yahoo DOT com
Hi Peg. Count me in again please. I'll an email with the info (nothing has changed from previous years). Have a great weekend.ReplyDelete
Sending you an email right now! Thank you Peg and Kris for organising another motivational year!ReplyDelete
E-mail on the way Peg, I still have wayyyy too many projects I want to finish/start and need OPAM to help me. e-mail on the wayReplyDelete
I have really enjoyed having the challenge and a group feel to work towards each month. Even if I have a lean month with few makes (if any sometimes) it is still fun to look and see what else has been made.
I would like to join up again. Do I need to send my details again?
Thanks to Peg and Kris, email with details sent....xReplyDelete
I'm in again this year peg, I'll e-mail you my info now.ReplyDelete
Hi Peg, im in again :)ReplyDelete
Hugs and thanks for doing this again xxxx
Yes Peg i'm in again this year. Thanks to you & Kris for hosting again. Hugs,xx.ReplyDelete
I love OPAM. It keeps me motivated each month. Huge thanks to Kris and you for organising it for us. Off to email you nor.ReplyDelete
Count me in too! I'll send you an email now Peg.ReplyDelete
I am most definitely IN please Peg! WooHoo for OPAM 2013... :)ReplyDelete
I'm in again. Great start to last year, not a great finish! Oh, well, 2013 is a new start. Lots to finish this year. Will send an email with details.ReplyDelete
My first time to sign up n- but I hate missing out on any fun that's happening,ReplyDelete
name: Susan W
and I'll email it as well - just in case.
I would love to be a part of OPAM again this year..I will send an email as well..ReplyDelete
Would love to be a part of OPAM 2013 - extra incentive to get a long list of ufo's out of the way!!!ReplyDelete
Email sent. Thank you Peg and Kris for your hard work and encouragement each month.ReplyDelete
Hi Peg - You girls are awesome to be hosting this again, I am definitely keen...... thanks.... Nicky xReplyDelete
Hi Peggy i am in too thankyou and Kris again for doing it again,you both do a wonderful job,sending an email now.xxReplyDelete
Email just sent! Thanks Peg & Kris xReplyDelete
I want to play again! I missed a couple of months last year, but it's great motivation to kkeep finishing!!ReplyDelete
Oh yes, I am back in! Will email details xxReplyDelete
This will be my first time to join in. Thank you for the reminder and all you do to make it happen. Let the fun begin! debbieReplyDelete
OOhh, I want to play this year, missed it last time. So count me in, I will send and email.ReplyDelete
You know I'm there Peg!! *wink*ReplyDelete
You two are AWESOME! mwah
xox sugary hugs
ooo....email sent separately! xox
I'm all set to start. Count me in.ReplyDelete
Please count me in. Jofrid S. HugsReplyDelete
Here we go again! Sent info to Kris. Thanks for hosting opam again.ReplyDelete
Woot Woot!! Let the fun begin....of course I'm joining in for 2013.Thanks Peg and Kris for hosting this again :) Barb.ReplyDelete
I like to participated this year again. I sent you an email.ReplyDelete
Hi Peg and Kris: Yep, I'm up for it again;OPAM is the best way I know for keeping on track. I'll send you an email. Cheers, JanReplyDelete
Oh yes please love to join in again..ReplyDelete
Sounds wonderful Peg...please count me in! Thanks to you and Kris for running OPAM again!ReplyDelete
I will be sending you an email. Can't wait. :)ReplyDelete
Count me in again!!ReplyDelete
I'd love to join in this year please ladies.ReplyDelete
Thank you xx
Sounds terrific would love to join inReplyDelete
Let's the fun begins !! I will join this year !!ReplyDelete
I send you an e-mail Peg .
I'd love to be part of OPAM 2012, Peg. My details are...ReplyDelete
craftthefinalfrontiertoo at gmail dot com
Please Add me in again this year Peg :)ReplyDelete
Hi Peg. I'd love to join in this year please. My details areReplyDelete
Thanks so much
Could I please join, my blog isReplyDelete
My email address is
Hope this is all ok
I would love to participate again. All my details are the same as last time. If you would like me to email them through again, just let me know.
I would like to sign up for OPAM 2013 by email. Would you PLEASE reply to my comment so I have a little bit of privacy when I send you my info. THANKS!ReplyDelete
I would LOVE to sign up for OPAM - am I too late?ReplyDelete
Thanking you for hosting 2013 too. Sent you an email this morning, glad to join another year.ReplyDelete
I have a quick question. A friend and I planned on making 2 gift quilts for women that help at a retreat we do in February.
My part of the project was to piece and quilt the quilts --- then my friend is doing the label and binding.
Can both of these quilts be counted as finishes since I did complete my part of the projects?