Sunday, August 30, 2009

A bit of this and that....






What to do with over ripe bananas.......well I made this banana/pineapple cake, which I took to Club Quilt today and even if I say so myself it was quite nice......Last week at Nundle this is what I made..I know it is not much but I was very busy.......!!!!!!!........chatting......LOL........Double Wedding Ring table runner which is for our tray mobile we have in our hall way....I have made the backing from some left over strips...the photos does not show the beauty of these fabrics which are Japanese...Daiwabo Selection for EE Schenick Company.......hope you all had a fab day. .......I have just received an email from "The Quilted Hen"...so I popped over for a visit she has a great blog and she has some instructions on doing a "Slashed and Stashed"...please pop over and have a look and say Hi......

16 comments:

  1. oh Peg I just sooo love your runner I have a double wedding ring quilt on my to do list
    might just make a runner instead I have been told they are not easy to make
    and your cake sounds yummy
    hugs Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Quilt Club meeting you have had.. nive cake...lots of wonderful sewing and friends!!! :o)
    The best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wedding ring is gorgeous Peg. Beautiful fabrics. And I don't look at the cake.....have to get rid of many many pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmm...banana cake!!
    Runner turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake sounds and looks fantastic! Will you post the recipe, please. I would love to give it a try. The table runner looks great. I just love the DWR a classic design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for some better pics of your gorgeous DWR runner. I have to wonder if now whenever you see it, you will remember chatting and have another giggle!
    The cake has made me hungry...looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always happy to see that someone tackles a Double Wedding Ring. I have taught this in a class a couple times. They aren't as hard as they look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your runner. That cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That table runner is SO pretty Peg, great job! I love your fabric choices. Cake looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fabrics you used in the DWR, Peg. It's such a gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I that table runner, and the fabrics you used. How are you going to finish it, i.e. will there be a binding?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cake looks yummy. Your runner looks lovely. hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peg, Your lucky quilt group....looks nummy! I love that rose fabric...it is gorgeous! A beautiful table runner! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always do such beautiful things. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg