Sunday, July 18, 2010

Productive day…..

IMG_4243

Club Quilt today…….and I was a woman on a mission…Angel Story Blocks……must be joined…..and I did make up the four large blocks….so I did achieve my goals for today..… This is then slice I took along  which I have called Mango and Walnut slice…

1 butter cake mix, 140g butter melted, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 cup of walnut crumbs….mix all together and press down into a slice tin and cook for 15 min in a moderate over….

In a bowl mix 300g sour cream, 1 tablespoon of castor sugar, 2 eggs and I large tin of mangoes that have been drained really well and then roughly sliced….once the base has cooked for the 15 mins, remove from oven, with a metal spoon push down the cake mixture which has started to rise, pour over sour cream mixture, sprinkle the slice with a mixture of cinnamon and castor sugar cook for a further 25 mins or until firm…..IMG_4217

IMG_4221

IMG_4218

IMG_4220  .

IMG_4219 

This is one of the four large blocks that have been completed….I have missed two small hearts which need to be sewn to the cream spot in this last block…

Gorgeous weather today, hope you have all had a bit of ‘me’ time today as well…..

take care Peg…..:>)

19 comments:

  1. it is so pretty Peg!

    I had a sewing day as well today with a group of my best friends. it's always so much more fun to sew with a group :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh that Slice looks Divine..Thanks for the Recipe...Your Blocks are Gorgeous..I just Love the fabric you are using with them...sooo Pretty!!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your quilt progress, and thanks for the recipe....I make something similar, but with pie apple ...will definitely give yours a try though :) Happy crafting, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Peg, it is just lovely!! The colours match so well, and the patterns!
    Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you have to be happy with this -it looks just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW You have been very productive.I've been sick most of last week so no starting tmy Angel blocks yet,maybe this week coming I'll feel up to starting on mine :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your quilt is coming along well........nice slice too......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love those angel blocks Peg. and thanks for the slice recipe...we still have mango slices in the freezer from last summer so will have to give it a try!
    sugary hugs XX Wendy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh Peg it looks fantastic - can't wait to see it finished. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peg your quilt is looking so good and I can almost smell that delicious cake !

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so nice to see your angels getting put together Peg! Keep up the good work! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Peg! Oh!!! You're angels are looking positively RADIANT!!! This is going to be a GORGEOUS quilt, Peg!! Well done! And can I say a big YUMMO to your mango slice ... being a good Queensland girl, I LOOOOOOOOVE mango! :0) Have a fabulous week - Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt looks fantastic love all those blocks. I also love your slice looks very yummy. I have been away so have been off line for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum!! That slice looks delicious, and your angels heavenly! Isn't it nice when goals get accomplished?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peg those blocks are gorgeous!!! Your fabric choices are impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your angels are looking great all together!! what a fun and beautiful quilt. The slice sounds yummy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is one recipe I am going to try, it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those angels are so whimsical and fun. I love it. Beautiful work as always!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg