Monday, March 2, 2009

New start




Last night I started on the lovely Tilda stitchery that Lise sent to me...I am doing this in a variegated red thread...I quite like the affect what do you think???
I have had a couple of people request the recipe of the slice I made yesterday so here it is...
Chocolate Fruit Slice with Lemon Icing..
1 cup SR flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
3/4 cup castor sugar
1 cup of mixed fruit
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup choc bits
2 eggs lightly beaten
90gram butter melted

Lemon Icing
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon soft butter( I usually put in a couple of these)
1 tablespoon lemon juice approx

Grease 23cm slab tin (I like to use the 7 inch x 11 inch slice tin)
Combine sifted dry ingredients add sugar, fruit, coconut and choc bits...stir in eggs and butter, press into prepared tin, bake in a moderate oven for about 25 mins...stand 10 mins before spreading with icing...cool in pan before cutting

Icing
sift icing sugar, add butter and lemon juice enough to make a stiff paste...spread over cooked slice

17 comments:

  1. Love that stitchery and those cookies look YUMMY! WHat is that attached to your scissors? Looks like a cute little stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Julia have tempted me to do a redwork stitchery - must do one using the variegated thread - dhould be so relaxing! Have copied your fruit slice recipe already - looks great!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute stitchery. I've got all the ingredients it the cupboard, so will try your slice out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that stitchery! Working with the variegated threads is fun -- one gets a little variety without having to change threads a lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stitchery looks lovely in the verigated thread. Thank you for posting the slice recipe. I'll be making that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh.... that Chocolate Fruit Slices with Lemon Icing looks sooo goood!

    I like your new stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Peg what great detail in that stitchery it's going to be lovely finished, I love that slice I have made it and love the bite from the iceing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the recipe Peg, I might have to try it on my group of ladies this weekend.
    Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the recipe! Love the stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'm Elisa from Italy and I was having a tour in your blog...
    GORGEUS!!!!!!
    I just started with my blog, ...and also with patchwork and quilting...
    Your quilt are really beautyful!!
    ciao ciao
    Ely

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I always love your hand work. You are very talented in that area. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the recipe. It sounds lip smacking good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go Peg go!!
    Gosh you're amazing...send me some of that juice you're drinking :D
    Love everything you do!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Robyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your stitchery, the variegated thread is so much fun to use. MMMm your slice looks very tempting - when the baking mojo comes back will have to give this a go :) Hugs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your stitchery, Peg and the slice looks yummie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your stitchery and love how she is sitting there all cute sewing with her crown on !
    What do you use to trasfer your pattern? It looks like pencil but I can't really tell.

    Peggy in NJ, USA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg