Friday, August 1, 2008

Challenge....

Well what a journey that was...."Finish Five in July Challenge"....I actually had 81 sign up and that included me (there are a few people I haven't heard from)....according to my little spreadsheet ........I have a total of 249 projects completed (and I am still counting) , and I am sure I have missed a few, and for that I am so terribly sorry.....but I never in my wildest dreams imagined this would be so successful....
I have received hundreds and I mean hundreds of emails following the challenge...for me personally it has totally motivated me to look outside my square...I have had the absolute pleasure of meeting (and I know this is not face to face) so many beautiful people and I do hope this will continue.... I would like to congratulate every single one of you........it is amazing what can be achieved with just a little gentle push and a deadline....some of the projects that have been completed have been in the cupboards for years and the odd one have been in there for a decade or two.....I have heard people staying up until the wee hours just to finish their project.....you are all totally amazing....every single one of you "rock"....one project or 10....what an achievement....
So the winners of the draw are..........................

I will announce that a little later on....there are a few more blogs I need to check out......

Once again from the bottom of my heart thankyou for making the month of July 2008 such a memorable experience..... you are ALL awesome....

13 comments:

  1. I didn't participate in the challenge as I was out of town for two weeks and have started working from home. I have been super inspired by all the finishes across quilting blogland. Thanks for hosting the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the new challenge for August? How about Start a Million new projects? No, we do that all by ourselves, don't we. Why is it so much easier to start them than to get them done? I didn't participate because I found you so late in the month, but I'm ready for the next challenge and enjoy reading your blog every day. I've even gone back and read all of your past posts. Thanks for the inspiration to so many and the wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Peg I think you need some sort of an award for organising all of this. Thank you so much for that gentle nudge. I do hope you'll consider doing this again..... soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a motivator you are!! Congratulations on a great challenge to watch. I love seeing everyone's progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peg, thanks so much for this challenge. It really motivated me big time. I have more quilts close to the finish line and hope to keep finishing them. It has been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peg, you deserve all the credit in the world -- look at all the wonderful projects that, had it not been for your challenge, might well still be languishing in drawers, boxes or bags! You made the whole thing SO enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lot of finishes. You did a great job organizing this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Peg for pulling this challenge to an end Peg. You have done excellent work hosting it! Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Done Peg, a mammoth effort on your behalf for the organisation and keeping track of the challenge; and you managed to complete your challenge amongst it all! You are amazing.
    Bec xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to the winners, but mostly thanks to you Peg. I so appreciated the motivation you provided for the month. I'm so happy with my accomplishments. I appreciate the work you put in to acknowledge everyone and keep track of the challenge. It must have taken lots of time. So a heartfelt thank you my bloggy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting it. I didn't get all 5 done, just 4. I really enjoyed working on them and going around blogland to see what everyone else was doing.
    Please do it again one month, there's still more in my box to finish.

    Love and hugs gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really loved seeing this challenge all over blog land. I hope you repeat it in the future. I chose not to participate this go around as I had already set a personal challenge to work only on a long term project until a specific time. I did meet my challenge and even exceeded it!

    Thanks for inspiring so many!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg